You don’t need to do anything for this free Travel Accident Insurance (free travel accident insurance cover of up to Rs 10 lakh), it’s automatic. While booking a train ticket online via IRCTC, the option to choose travel insurance will be pre-select by default. After buying the train ticket online via Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) website and making a successful payment, the passenger will receive policy information, through registered Email and SMS on registered mobile number, directly from the Insurance Company along with a link to fill nomination detail.
IRCTC Travel Accident Insurance Cover Provided:
- Death: Rs. 10,00,000
- Permanent total Disability : Rs. 10,00,000
- Permanent partial Disability : Rs. 7,50,000
- Hospitalization expenses for injury : Rs. 2,50,000
- Transportation of mortal remains : Rs. 10,000
IRCTC has selected following three Insurance Companies that will provide you Travel Accident Insurance cover on rotational automated system:
• ICICI Lombard General Insurance
• Royal Sundaram General Insurance
• Shriram General Insurance
Salient Feature of Travel Accident Insurance Cover:
• Available on all train ticket booking on reserved classes like SL, 1AC, 2AC, 3AC, CC etc.
• Available on all trains except passenger trains and suburban trains.
• The passengers of confirmed or RAC (Reserved Against Cancellation) tickets would be covered under this scheme.
• The scheme is applicable only for Indian citizens. Citizens of foreign countries are not eligible for this scheme.
Things to remember
1. Policy Number details can also be seen on Ticket booked history at IRCTC Page.
2. The nomination details are to be filled at the website of the insurance company.
a. Shriram General
b. ICICI Lombard
c. Royal Sundaram
3. In case the nomination details is not filled then the settlement of the claim is made with legal heirs of the passengers, in case claim arises.