PMJJBY is a life insurance policy available to people in age group 18 to 50 years with bank account. The maximum cover available is Rs. 2 lakh for an annual premium of Rs. 330.
Documents you need:
1. Claim Form & Discharge Receipt
2. Death Certificate or Original FIR or Post Mortem Report (PMR)
3. Attested Photocopy of the Aadhaar Card / Biometric Card of the deceased.
4. Photocopy of any one of the following age proof of deceased: (a) Aadhaar Card (b) Extract from Birth Register (c) Extract from School Certificate (d) Ration Card (e) Voter’s List. (f) Photocopy of Bank Passbook of the deceased member.
5. The nominee’s bank account (if available)
6. Disability Certificate from Civil Surgeon (only in case of disability claim)
Step 1: Submit all the above documents to the Bank, where the Member (Life Insured / Policyholder) was having the ‘Savings Bank Account’ through which he was covered under PMJJBY.
Step 2: Bank will review the claim form and also verify of the validity and in force status of the RuPay Card
Step 3: Bank will then file your claim with the concern life insurance company within 30 days of claim receipt.
Step 4: Insurer will scrutinise the claim form and other documents.
Step 5: If all good than the insurance company will transfer the claim amount to the bank account of the nominee and intimate the designated branch of the bank.
Things to Note:
1. No policy document will be provided for PMJJNY. Only reference numbers (Ref: XXYYXXYYXX) and debit entry in the bank passbook are the valid proofs for the insurance cover.
2. In case the Nominee is a minor, the Guardian / Appointee may fill claim form and discharge receipt.
3. In case you have any query related to PMJJBY, you can contact – 180011001 / 18001801111.
4. If the insured is covered under any other Life Insurance Cover of the Bank against the Account as the benefit will be provided under any one Scheme only.
5. If the members have more than one savings a/c, he can choose any one savings a/c of his choice. One policy for one member.