PMSBY is a personal accident and death insurance policy available to people in age group 18 to 70 years with bank account. The sum insured is Rs. 2 lakh for an annual premium of Rs. 12.
Documents you need:
1. Claim Form & Discharge Receipt
2. Death Certificate or Original FIR or Post Mortem Report (PMR)
3. Attested Photocopy of the Aadhaar Card / Biometric Card of the deceased.
4. Photocopy of any one of the following age proof of deceased:
(a) Aadhaar Card (b) Extract from Birth Register (c) Extract from School Certificate (d) Ration Card (e) Voter’s List. (f) Photocopy of Bank Passbook of the deceased member.
5. The nominee’s bank account (if available)
6. Disability Certificate from Civil Surgeon (only in case of disability claim)
Step 1: Submit all the above documents to the Bank, where the Member (Insured / Policyholder) was having the ‘Savings Bank Account’ through which he was covered under PMSBY.
Step 2: Bank will review the claim form and verify supporting documents. Verify the validity and in force status of the RuPay Card.
Step 3: Bank will then file your claim with the LIC within 30 days of claim receipt.
Step 4: LIC will scrutinise the claim form and other documents.
Step 5: If all good than LIC will transfer the claim amount to the bank account of the nominee and intimate the designated branch of the bank.
Things to Note:
1. No policy document will be provided for PMSBY. Only reference numbers (Ref: XXYYXXYYXX) and debit entry in the bank passbook are the valid proofs for the insurance cover.
2. In case the Nominee is a minor, the Guardian / Appointee may fill claim form and discharge receipt.
3. In case you have any query related to PMSBY, you can contact – 180011001 / 18001801111.
4. Only one person in the family will be covered in the Bima Scheme and in case of the person having multiple cards / accounts the benefit will be allowed only under one card i.e. one person per family will get a single cover of Rs.30,000/-, subject to the eligibility conditions.
5. If the insured is covered under any other Life Insurance Cover of the Bank against the Account as the benefit will be provided under any one Scheme only.
6. In case of joint account holders under PMJDY, the first account holder (primary account holder) will be provided personal accident and death insurance cover subject to the eligibility conditions.
7. Following are the Ineligible Categories for claims under PMSBY:
i. Central Government and State Government employees (in service or retired) and their families.
ii. Employees (in service or retired) of Public Sector Undertakings, Public Sector Banks, any entity owned by Central Government, any entity owned by a State Government or any entity jointly owned by the Central Government and any State Government, and their families.
iii. Persons whose income is taxable under I.T. Act 1961 or are filing the yearly Income Tax return or in whose case TDS is being deducted from the income, and their families.
iv. Persons who are included in the Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana (AABY) covering 48 occupations defined under the Scheme, and their families.
v. Otherwise eligible account holders, who have life cover on account of any other scheme of the Bank against the account, shall have to choose between the two schemes and derive benefit from only one.