Following is a list of services, which are not reimbursable as per the standard health insurance policy –
1. Hospital Registration and Admission fees
2. Documentation charges, Certification fees or any kind of Xerox Charges
3. Ambulance Charges
4. Ancillary medical facilities like –
i. Vaccination , Nutrition and dietetics
ii. Physiotherapy (unless and until it is a part of treatment)
iii. Vitamins & Tonics not related to treatment
iv. Spectacles and Hearing Aids
v. Employing special nurses for extra care.
5. Visitors Charges and Attendant charges including –
i. Extra bed for attendant, Attendant pass
ii. Food & Beverage for attendant, Telephone Charges
iii. Service charges like the Bed retaining charges.
6. Non Medical expenses comprising of –
i. Expenses on Luxury items like Radio / TV / AC Charges
ii. Laundry Charges, Telephone Charges
iii. Purchase of Sanitary items
Please check with your Health Insurance provider’s policy wording for exact reimbursable services under your Health Insurance Policy.