The process steps of becoming a licensed insurance surveyor:
1. Registering on IRDAI BAP Portal
To acquire a surveyor license, the first step is to register yourself on the IRDAI BAP portal. After successful registration, you can apply for a training request. Check relevant Surveyor Department and Qualifications for enrollment and training.
2. Selecting the Trainer
3. Trainer Acceptance Certificate
If the trainer selected by you accepts the training request, then, you will receive an email notification from IRDA informing you of the same. If the trainer rejects your training request, you need to select another trainer for your training.
4. Form 13 – Trainee Surveyor Enrollment
Once your training request is accepted, you need to fill form 13 (Detailed Steps) for training course enrollment. Trainee needs to complete the training in order to apply for the license.
5. Appearing for the exam conducted by Insurance Institute of India (III)
After the trainer submits your third quarterly report, Insurance Institute of India (III) schedules an examination slot for you and you then need to appear for the exam (III – Insurance Surveyors Exam Form).
6. Training Completion Certificate
After you successfully complete your training, you will receive the Training Completion Certificate from the trainer.
7. Applying for a New License
After successfully clearing the exam conducted by the Insurance Institute of India (III), you can apply for a new surveyor license. Once you receive the license, you can start operating as a licensed Surveyor.
Frequent Asked Questions:
Q1. What happens if my BAP Portal user ID is deleted?
If your account is deleted, then you have to re-register yourself in the portal.
Q2. How much time it takes to get BAP Portal user id and password?
72 working hours.
Q3. Where to request to unlock the passwords for BAP Portal user id?
For application related to renewal, fresh, enrollment, modifications and duplicates – you can send the e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com.
Q4. How much time it takes to unlock the passwords?
72 working hours.
Q5. What is the eligibility to become a surveyor/trainee surveyor?
Ans. As per IRDAI Surveyor Regulation 2015, the qualification criteria for enrollment and licensing of surveyor and loss assessors is listed in Annexure 1.
Q6. What is the fee for surveyor licence application?
Offline payment: By Demand Draft(DD), DD for Rs.1145/-(licensing fee of Rs.1000/- plus applicable Service Tax @ 14.5 %) in favor of Insurance Regulatory And Development Authority of India, payable at New Delhi.
Online payment: Need proof of online payment of fees.
Q7. What documents you need for surveyor licence application?
1. Copy of Degree/Diploma attested by Notary/Magistrate only.
2. An affidavit on Rs.10/- Stamp Paper as per the format given against Sl. No.2 of the application from IRDA-1-AF duly notarized (including all the 6 clauses)
3. Self-addressed Stamped envelope of 4.5” X 10”
4. No Objection Certificate from your employer, if applicable.
5. Training reports for the all 4 quarter in the prescribed format.
6. Notarized copy of Result Card/Mark sheet issued by the Insurance Institute of India.
7. The Training Completion Certificate duly stamped and signed by trainer Copy ofPAN Card.
8. Copy of Enrollment letter.
9. Address proof (driving license, passport, etc.)
10. Copy of IIISLA (Indian Institute of Insurance Surveyors And Loss Assessors) Membership.