You can change the LIC Branch of your LIC Policy by three methods:
1. By Visiting Current Branch:
2. By Email:
You can also send a mail to the branch manager of old branch regarding the change of branch for your policy. Also attach photocopy of your policy(ies) you wants to transfer and Id proof & Address proof. The email id will be the bo_(code of the branch)@licindia.com. e.g. If the branch code is 12S, then the branch mail will be bo_12S@licindia.com (Code of LIC Branch Offices)
3. By Post:
Write a request letter to current LIC Branch asking them to change it to new branch (provide them branch no. and address). Also attach photocopy of your policy(ies) you wants to transfer and Id proof & Address proof. This request should be sent to the current LIC branch. This will take around 15 to 45 days, depending upon case to case.
Please note that a policy lapsing without acquiring any value should not be transferred. In such cases the request for transfer would be considered only after the revival of the policy.
Restriction on Transfer of Policies:
1. Policies should not be transferred within a period of one year from commencement. Policies can be transferred in the normal course provided one year has elapsed from the date of commencement; but such transfer may be allowed if the policyholder has paid premiums to cover fully the first policy year.
2. Policies, which are to mature within one year following the date of receipt of request, should not be transferred to another Divisional Office.
3. Policies under convertible Whole Life Plan, Guaranteed Triple Benefit Plan and Children’s Deferred Endowment Assurance (CDA) plan where date of exercising options/adoptions under the policies fall due in the course of one year following the date of request for transfer should not be transferred unless the option/adoption in the case of Guaranteed Triple Benefit (GTB) / CDA policy, has been exercised / completed.
4. Policies should be considered for transfer only if they are in force as on the date of request for transfer and where no installment of premium are in arrears. However, in case of an Salary Saving Scheme (SSS) policy, it can be transferred to another Branch Office or Divisional Office even though it is in lapsed condition, if a specific request to that effect is received from the policyholder, indicating that he wants to revive the policy after such a transfer to the new office.