Immediate action after the accident
- First of all, please take care of your health and consult doctor for precaution and treatment (if required).
- Notify Police authorities in case of Road Traffic accident.
- Notify the claim at the insurance company’s call centre as soon as possible. In case you are not in a position to notify your claim, please take help of relatives, friends, colleagues to notify the claim.
What is the process of intimating a claim?
The claim can be intimated to the insurance company by email, in writing or by giving a call to the insurer’s toll free number, (mentioning the policy number / certificate number and name of insured).
Please keep following information handy with you before intimating a claim to the insurance company –
1. Your Contact Numbers
2. Policy Number
3. Name of Insured person who is Injured,
4. Date & Time of accident,
5. Location of Loss,
6. Brief description on how the accident took place,
7. Extent of loss
8. Place & contact details of the Insured Person.
How to lodge a claim under personal accident insurance?
Immediately give notice of the accident to the insurance company. Collect the claim form available at insurance company office/online/ thru agent. Submit the duly filled and signed claim form along with the relevant supporting documents/ medical bills/ reports as per the claim – death/injury claim.
What documents needs to be submitted with claim form?
1. Assignee under the policy should immediately notify the insurance company office
2. Submit duly filled claim form
3. Medical bills, Post-mortem report (wherever applicable)
4. Inquest/ First Information Report (FIR) with the local police station
5. Letter of probate/ will/ letter of administration/ succession certificate
6. Affidavit from claimant that he/ she is/ are the legal heir/ s of the deceased
7. No-objection affidavit from other relatives of the deceased towards payment to be made to the claimant
8. Original policy
1. Duly Filled Claim form
2. Police report (FIR) if any
3. Medical certificate certifying the disablement (in case of disablement)
4. If medical expenses extension has been taken, then the prescription along with bills
5. Original policy
Note: The essential claim documents in original along with the claim form have to be submitted within 30 days of the occurrence of the incident.