Please follow following rules to prevent rejection of your Health Insurance Claim –
1. Read the list of coverage and exclusions in policy wordings (which comes to you with the policy).
2. Ensure that you declare all the pre-existing diseases at the time of enrolment.
3. Do not claim for any hospitalization and diagnostic studies / investigation charges, which do not confirm existence of an illness or injury that requires hospitalization.
4. After filing your claim, make sure that you maintain minutes of your interaction with the insurer in black and white.
5. Understand your policy in detail. Be informed about the ‘Fine print’, exclusions and details pertaining to depreciation and deductions
These documents would help avoid delay and ensure a smoother Health Insurance claim experience for you and your family.
1. Duly filled claim for (signed by insured and the treating doctor)
2. Discharge summary(with details of complaints & the treatment availed)
3. Final hospital bill (detailed breakup) along with interim bills
4. Payment receipts
5. Doctor’s consultation papers
6. All investigating reports (E.g. original blood reports, X-rays, sonography, MRI, etc.)
7. All pharmacy bills supporting with doctors prescriptions
8. Implant stickers/invoice, if used (E.g. lenses details in cataract case, stent details in angioplasty)
9. For miscellaneous charges- detailed bills with supporting prescription of the treating doctor
10. Copy of Health card
11. Any other related documents