Procedure to Digitise an Insurance Policy:
Step 1– Download the e-Insurance Account Opening Form from the Insurance Repository website (CAMS, NIR, SHCIL, KINREP, CIRL)
Step 2– Insurers also have these forms available
Step 3– Fill the form and provide the KYC documents (attested identity and address proof)
Step 4– Send the filled e-Insurance Account application form to Insurance Repository or Insurers (Insurer will send it to the respective Insurance Repository)
Step 5– Insurance Repository will generate the e-Insurance Account number on the basis of information in the account opening form and inform the e-Insurance Account number to Insurer
Step 6– Insurance Repository or Insurer will credit the policy information in electronic form against the customer e-Insurance account on Insurance Repository Website
Step 7– Insurance Repository will intimate customer on successful upload of his policy in e-Insurance account
Step 8– The e-insurance account will be opened in 7 days and then you will receive a welcome kit (with the usage instructions). You will get a unique Account number, Login ID and Password for your E-Insurance Account.
Step 9– Using the Login ID and Password on the insurance repository website, you can view all your electronic policies online.
Things you need:
Self attested copy of below documents:
1. Identity proof (PAN or UID/Aadhaar card)
2. Address proof (Any one : Ration card / Passport / Aadhar letter / Voter ID card / Driving license)
3. Date of Birth proof
4. Cancelled cheque (Only in case of ECS/NEFT services for insurance premium payment transaction)
5. Photo ID
6. Recent passport size photograph
Things you should know
1. eIA account is free for customers.
2. Each user can appoint an authorised representative for account.In case of the death of eIA account holder, authorized representative can view all the policy information of the user.